Tuesday, February 4, 2014

9,803 volunteer hours!


from guest blogger, Mimi Coleman

It’s February; I’m celebrating!

“Why February?” you may ask, “The holidays are over; why celebrate now?”




Because I finished tallying all the day-volunteer hours for 2013 and it came to 9803 hours total.  That is so many hours!

That includes all non-resident volunteers: individuals, summer volunteers, and groups.  All these interested people put in a lot of hours collectively and we are all very grateful for that.  I calculated that it would take one person almost five years to put in that many hours, working 40 hours per week!




So that is why I am celebrating!  The numbers of volunteers, all of their hours, the great help you all gave in 2013, the better system for tracking hours that I put together with the help of my faithful volunteer-friend Barbara, I celebrate all that, and ask you to celebrate, too!  Keep volunteering.  Bring a group out to work for the day.  Do the day-volunteer ‘victory dance’ when you finish a hard day of work.  It all goes to a great cause here at Camphill Village Kimberton Hills.


And, if you or your friends or family are interested in volunteering, please contact me.  I am often available for tours and to welcome new volunteers.  

Thanks again!

Mimi Coleman
Day Volunteer Coordinator


No comments:

Post a Comment